TillyCurrer

Hardcore Heroines

Teenage book review, reviewing since September 2012. I love reviewing books and reading, I blog at Hardcore Heroines about strong, badass females and hot werewolves and vampires. Kate Daniels and Curran are my kind of people.
Frostbite: The Graphic Novel - Richelle Mead, Leigh Dragoon, Emma Vieceli I really liked it, and thought it got the whole gist of Vampire Academy. However, with the graphic novel, you miss certain funny back and forth, or entire conversations that simply make the book. It's harder to empathize with Rose, because you don't fully get immersed into her thoughts.Yet, I think that's simply because it's a graphic novel and you can't cram it full, it just needs the important bits. Leigh Dragoon adapted it very well, and the witty thoughts are still there, making me laugh. It's a really quick, easy read for someone who wants to catch up with the books but doesn't have a lot of time.
The drawings are amazing, Dimitri is drawn well...ahem, and the characters are how they are described in the book, Emma Vieceli has clearly worked hard at trying to get everything correct. I found myself getting enraptured with the story again and flying through the pages, I haven't read the books in a while and this reminded me how much I desperately need to re-visit them.